Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Journey to past

I rarely walk alone, I almost never do it for reason, especially in Dnipropetrovsk, but still sometimes it happens. The same as today.. I had to go to a library (Tanya, I almost see your big eyes full of surprise now when you are reading that:))) On my way to library I was passing Kirova avenue – the avenue where all my EB 2005 – 06 lived, on each stop near smb’s house I was remembering us stories that we had in our flats – all our EB meetings, EB nights, drinking meetings etc.
While walking to library I passed by Dnepropetrovsk Regional State Authorities, and I couldn’t help memories coming to my mind - I had university practice there after my 3rd year. I was so proud to get there as that was a place where I was supposed to work after graduation. I remember being happy at the beginning of my first day, and completely disappointed after finishing the practice. Since that time I know what for sure I don’t want to do, and where for sure I don’t want to work. Fortunately, I found out it before graduation:)
Then city library - of course they didn’t have what I needed in this department (why wasn’t I surprised? :)) so I was asked to go to another one. It was too close to take marshrutka, so I decided to have a walk.
I had no urgent things in my head, so I just let memories come to my mind. Occasionally, I had so many memories connected to this street (apart from already mentioned). I was passing Yanka’s house – I clearly remember when I came there first – during lunch time at my practice, she cooked borcsh for me, I was afraid of her big parrot Gosha. But soon I felt in love with him – he was eating completely everything and enjoyed sitting on my shoulder or head:)) I remember the time when at her place we were cooking food for our LTS – I was cutting smoked sausages and cheese ( I guess around 5 kgs each), I wasn’t able to move my arm afterwards but that was fun:))
Then I passed the horror of my teenage years - children orthodontist clinic. But at least after all that it’s not possible to make me scared by any kind of dental units:)
Another stop was – old yard in soviet style, where we spent a lot of time with my LC when I was LCP. After walking in park (it is very close to our previous LC office) we usually went to this yard – it was always challenging because to get there you need almost to clime up to quite big hill, which was always not convenient for girls on high – heels because they usually were stuck in the mud of this hill:) Many times we were playing “bitches – bitches” in Ukrainian (yes, Ukrainian in Dnepropetrovsk) – «шльондри – шльондри», «з парасолькой» etc. these memories still make me smile;)
Almost near the library I was Pouline’s language school – most probably the best one I’ve ever attended. Sergey Ivanovich and Alena are heaven – born language teachers and I remember my time spent there as one of the best learning experiences I’ve ever had. I haven’t skipped any class during one year:)
They my journey ended up with librarian asking about my library ticket….
I think this walk and memories were one the best things that happened to me during past few days! I never thought that 20 mins walk trough just 2 streets can evoke so many good and pleasant memories:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

хммм, у мене теж таке інкли буває... вот можу так задуватись, що можу забути, чого я ішла туда, куда хотіла... хоча в більшості не всі спогади веселі.
цьомаю.
Легка

Тетуана МКХЛ said...

hi hi Masha u as always right I'm suprised to hear that u finnaly was in the libruary :)

ur post it seems like - Walk to remember (it's a nam of the book)