Monday, May 14, 2007

A place where it feels like home

Yesterday I was sitting in train and thinking what makes person to "feel home", and I came up with 3 things: people, place, personal connection.
If somebody would tell me few years ago that I'll have such place, and,moreover, it'd be in Western Ukraine, I'd never believe that. But yesterday, after my 3rd time in Ivano - Frankivsk I realized that I feel like being home there.
I've been 3 times to this city and each time was completely amazing for me, like a fairy tale! First time I visited it accidently - instead of skiing in Carpathians we moved to spend few days together with girls from my LC and I guess I'll remember those emotions forever.
This time I had my 2nd LC visit there - we spent almost 10 hours working together with new EB team: discussing priorities, CSFs, initiatives and laughing about different pronunciation percularities of some people (q-uality:))

It was my first visit during Spring round of LC visits and it gave me a lot of cool ideas on how to organize planning process itself, on local and country level. I wish I wouldn't have chance to implement it and see this very idea in action.

Apart from working time finally I had time to rest and just spend time together with my friends - walking(I believe that I know all places of interest in Franik already), talking, lauging, eating(I know almost all best caffees there as well), boiling wine (first time in my life and quite successfuly), watching Eurovision and taking hundreds of pictures;)

It was the time that I enjoy and value the most, time when I was myself, time when I had a chance to be with people that I love.
And then there was a race to train station:) I guess I made a lot of fun for girls and taxi driver panicing before the train:)
And then I had to say bye, it was easy to say it. But so difficult in the end to realize that most probably (if they will not come to Kiev) I'll not see these people for a long-long time...
I tend not to make myself promises, because usually it relates to something that is difficult to realize and that I can never skip because you can never forget what you promised to yourself.
But I made myself a promise, that whatever happens one day I'll come to that city to meet that people. because it feels like home there!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

ти собі навіть уявити не можеш, що я подумала те саме, коли ти сіла у поїзд.. але я вірю що ми ще обов*язково побачимось :)
дякую тобі теж за ті чудові вихідні :)
тебе тут все раді бачити ;)

п.с. на другий раз ночуватимеш у мене ;)

Тетуана МКХЛ said...

Побачила твій підпис в мсні і перша думка.. це вона про Франківськ, а потім зразу подумалося, от дурненька, Маша ж про Київ написала:)чого їй писати про місто де вона була 3 рази.....

як сказала Легенька, тебе завжди тут раді бачити. Памятай я щиро вболіваю за всі твої перемоги, і готова підтривати коли тобі зле ...
Цьомаю солоденька наша